This year’s version of the Super Bowl had it all. A kickoff return for a touchdown, an exciting comeback, a blackout, and the smokin’ hot Beyonce.
Much to the dismay of the audience, and some gamblers, Beyonce began her halftime show with no cleavage showing…
In year’s past prop bets have been about the only thing that kept viewers interested in the blowouts that once had become typical of Super Sunday. And, it seems like nowhere are prop bets more bizarre than the Super Bowl where offshore betting establishments and sites like FreeBets.org.uk try to get some attention with some interesting wagers to entice new players that think they have the edge.
It’s impossible to say when prop bets on the Super Bowl became so popular, but I’m going with 1986 when William “Refrigerator” Perry was the topic of numerous prop bets on whether he’d be able to score a touchdown.
And, it isn’t just the coin flip that eccentric gamblers will bet on. Although, 5 Dimes probably had the best odds on it at -101 for both heads and tails.
…but she didn’t disappoint as she removed her jacket for her second number of the halftime set. Many bettors breathed a sigh of relief.
Here are some of the crazier prop bets that we saw (and bet on) during Super Bowl 47:
- Who will President Obama predict to win?
- How long will the post-game hug between the Harbaugh brothers last?
- Will a liquid be dumped on the winning coach and fall on the field of play?
- What color Gatorade will be dumped on the winning coach?
- How long will it take Alicia Keys to sing the National Anthem?
- How many times will the announcers say “Harbaugh” during the game?
- Will Jay-Z appear on the field at halftime?
- Will Beyonce’s hair be curly, straight, or up?
- What color will Beyonce’s top be?
- Who will the MVP thank first? No surprise, God was the favorite at 5/2.
- What will be the top tweets per second during the game?
- Will the Dow Jones go up or down on Monday?
While all of these prop bets are interesting, there is one that was a complete and utter lock: “Will Beyonce show cleavage during the halftime show?” It wasn’t a lucrative bet at -500, but that’s some action that I’d for sure like to hop on.